Do You Know Black Mold?
No homeowner wants black mold, but do you know what it is? Also called Stachybotrys, black mold grows in damp areas and is most commonly found around condensation or pools or standing water inside. Spores come into your house by windows, small entrances and can also be brought in on personal items and clothing. Although most molds around your house aren’t dangerous, this species can cause illness with years of exposure.
How Black Mold affects Health
Black mold is a toxic mold with spores. Symptoms include chronic coughing, irritation to the eyes, mucus membranes of the nose and throat and rashes. Other symptoms include chronic fatigue and persistent headaches. Nausea, vomiting and bleeding in the lungs and nose occur in the most severe cases of long term exposure.
Information about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never postpone calling a professional to inspect for mold infestation. They can go unseen for weeks, and then spring up essentially overnight.
Once mold forms colonies in your living space, it quickly breeds and releases toxins that make life unpleasant for occcupants:
- Mold releases a pungent, musty odor that stops rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold causes serious problems for allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and trouble breathing.
- Mold toxins can cause chronic inflammation and ongoing cold-like symptoms.
- Individuals with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare instances, mold toxins can cause neurological concerns or even death.
- The more extended the exposure, the more severe the danger.
Unusually humid homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold infestations even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion immediately.
If you want to eradicate mold, the setting where it prospers must first be eliminated. Water sources have to be dealt with, and any residual moisture must be efficiently dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to curtail the tide. Moisture can saturate hidden areas of your home. Without proper cleanup processes, mold will keep returning to these spots.
If you suspect your house may be growing black mold, speak with Paul Davis now. Our team inspects for existence of black mold before treatment. You can depend on our specialists to remove black mold effectively. Don’t risk your health, schedule a black mold inspection now.