Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere so, whether you can spot it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is a part of nature, but the strain of mold that is found in your home or property is the real problem. Mold spores travel through the air and enter structures through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a building on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is virtually impossible for you to prevent mold encountering your residence. You should take action when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on who will advise on the strain of mold present is imperative. Pair that with an expert who will orchestrate the optimal way to treat it and execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has a high level of experience in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be an arduous procedure. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company who specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. We offer mold removal and remediation services as well basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your residence and major health issues for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold will negatively affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the surfaces it resides in, this means the longer it remains without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the species of mold growing in your residence and effectively manage treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general families of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in people who suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic substances.
With the range of molds that can be found in structures, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis can assist with helping make your residence free and safe from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which grows outdoors and indoors. It can be located in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This is a large spore mold that deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungi easily enters homes. It grows in damp, porous surfaces like wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor variety cause asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, luckily is a less common household mold. It requires excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It is a powdery mold that grows in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This kind of mold is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color then deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, inducing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown over time and carries a musty odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system, causing nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in warm and cold areas and spreads rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and spreading in cold temperatures, Fusarium is coral or pink in color and is most commonly found in soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It does well in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly found in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Speak With Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect there is mold in your house call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation servicing necessary to remove damaging mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.