Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, chances are there is mold in your home. Mold is a part of nature, but the strain of mold that resides in your house or property is the real issue. Mold spores move through the air, entering buildings through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a location on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be basically impossible for you to eliminate mold encountering your home. It’s only when mold is growing in your property that you need to be worried. Having an expert to turn to that can advise on the strain of mold present is priceless. Add to that an expert who will develop the optimal way to treat it and execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for all sorts of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with in depth experience in this area. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be a long process. When it comes to treating mold safely, your best option is to work with a company that specializes in all aspects relating to the process. Paul Davis offers mold removal and remediation services as well basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your home and major health problems to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold will negatively affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through any surface it resides in, meaning the longer it goes untreated in your home, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the species of mold growing in your property and effectively deal with treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic strains of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in people that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microbes.
With the multitude of molds that can reside in structures, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis will aid in making your home healthy and free from the most damaging molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that grows outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor mold that enters homes. It thrives in porous, damp environments like textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor variety trigger asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, fortunately is a less common household mold. It needs excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color then deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, responsible for eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages and carries a musty odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in warm and cold environments and spreads quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is most commonly located in soft goods and grows and spreads in cold weather. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It grows in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, wood and textiles. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is nearly always located in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds that contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Speak With Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect there is mold in your residence call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation services required to eradicate insidious mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.