No Home is Immune to Water Damage
When you’re so busy maintaining and cleaning your house, checking for water damage probably isn’t a priority. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often discovered when it’s too late to reverse the damage. Call the experts immediately if this happens to you. The experts from Paul Davis will come to your home to assess and restore any water damage in your house. You can take precautionary actions to prevent water damage from occurring. It’s important to know the signs of water damage in your house.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
Water damage occurs when a surplus of water collects in places where it shouldn’t. The experts from Paul Davis are always ready to come to your house to examine water damage. However, you need to know the signs of water damage. If you can prevent water damage from occurring, you will live in your house for a long time. Both outside elements and elements inside your house can cause water damage. Despite how water damage can occur, it’s important to be cautious. Do you suspect that there is water damage in your house? Look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Stop Water Damage from Occurring
It isn’t uncommon for homeowners to find water damage on their property when it’s too late. More often than not, it could have been prevented. Don’t let this happen to you. To prevent water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Your house can undergo serious damages from a burst or leaking pipe. If you need water damage remediation services, call Paul Davis at 888-473-7769. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your house as soon as possible. Because we have 50 years of experience under our belt, there’s no emergency too serious for Paul Davis to tackle.