Ways to Avoid Water Damage
Every business or home can experience water damages, no matter where you may live. Basement flooding, sewer backups and storm damage can all generate major damages. Paul Davis understands the financial and emotional strain that water damages can take on you and your family. When you reach out to our professionals, they’ll be able to reduce the amount of damage your home will sustain. Paul Davis has a nationwide network of water damage restoration contractors that can examine and fix the problem.
Causes of Water Damage
Every family has appliances that are important to everday life. But a malfunctioning appliance can often cause more damage than good. Any home appliance that uses water could cause major issues by flooding. When an emergency strikes, the water damage repair technicians from Paul Davis will arrive as soon as possible to fix the problem and repair water damage efficiently. Here’s a few causes of water damage:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up septic tank and sewage lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
- Heavy rain or storms
- Cresting rivers or streams
How to Avoid Water Damage
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. If you want to avoid expensive repairs and possible homeonwer’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. Consider the following to avoid water damage:
- If you find any leaks, examine them closely and fix them as soon as possible.
- Refrain from pouring grease down your sink, because it significantly damage and block your pipes.
- Check that your water pressure isn’t too high, so it isn’t putting unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- Know how to turn off your water main in case of an emergency. When a pipe leaks or bursts, you’ll be able to shut off your water main immediately to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could indicate a leak.
- To prevent damage to your siding or foundation, cleanout your gutters regularly.
When it comes to preventing water damage, it’s important to be smartCheck your house regularly. If you suspect that you may have a leak or other issue on your hands, don’t wait. Either address the leak yourself or call the experienced water damage technicians from Paul Davis.
The Water Damage Repair Services from Paul Davis
When an emergency happens, don’t wait. Our frachises offer 24/7 emergency services. This allows them to fix any water damages as soon as possible. We offer a wide array of water remediation services, including:
- Assessing water damage
- Water extraction
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring possessions
- Remediating mold and mildew damage
- Locating and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Helping with filling insurance claims
Turn to Us for Your Water Damage Repair Needs
Your home can sustain serious damages from a burst or leaking pipe. If you need water damage mitigation call Paul! at 888-473-7769. Our professionals will connect you with an expert in your area. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to handle whatever water emergency you have for us.