How You Can Clean Up Smoke Damage
Fire can cause serious damage to a home. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. The smell of smoke can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings, while smoke soot can seriously stain walls that weren’t burned by flames. Fires can damage both to your home and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand that your cherished possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why our specialists in smoke and soot are ready to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can reduce the cost of fire and smoke damage to your building.
Clean Up Smoke Damage
Your building can undergo serious smoke damage without a major fire. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your AC to stop spreading smoke.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to suck out the smoke.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the experts handle it. The experts from Paul Davis a variety of smoke repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the professionals from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our fire remediation services. Our professionals are highly-trained in high-quality smoke repair cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage removal costs. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. Our experts connect you with the franchise closest to you.