You Can Repair Smoke Damage
Everyone knows how destructive fire can be in a home. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while your walls can be stained by soot. A fire can have lasting, catastrophic both to your house and your family.
Damages to your precious possessions can be devastating. That’s why as specialists in smoke and soot damage, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your house.
You Can Repair Smoke Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t act quickly, small-scale kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your air conditioning so smoke won’t spread.
- To suck out smokey air, move large fans towards open windows and doors.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings and use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. The professionals from Paul Davis a variety of fire removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. Our fire restoration services will get your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are specialized in high-quality smoke repair cleaning services and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Call the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.